2.23.2009

oscars : red-carpet vs. runway

Instead of the typical "hits & misses" blog post on Oscar fashion, I just picked a few of the dresses I liked. And for a little spin, I compared the look on the red-carpet to its showing on the spring runways.

Enjoy!

Evan Rachel Wood in Elie Saab Couture

Both the actress and model look amazing, but with Evan Rachel Wood's particular accessories and makeup, the whole ensemble is very Hollywood chic.



Freida Pinto in John Galliano
I am very much in love with this dress. It's so unique, with the one-sleeve, and has a subtle Indian-sari style to it. Of course, the version Freida Pinto wears is more flattering and less revealing!



Halle Berry in Marchesa
Black and gold are one of my favorite color combinations. I really like the tulle and embellishment, but the tail I could do without. Halle Berry still looks amazing though.



Jennifer Aniston in Valentino Couture
I noticed there were a lot of shimmery champagne colored dresses at this year's Oscars...Jennifer Aniston's is one of the best. I'm glad she chose that hairstyle, because it looks very good together.



I was a little disappointed in the dress variety, but there's always next year...

|Shirls|

Photos - People; Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love <3